Mr. And Mrs. Ike, Please Settle Your Differences


Emeka Ike is a well celebrated Nollywood actor with a large fan base. Initially, when the news of his domestic violence broke out, I was very disappointed in him. Not that my disappointment means anything to him. Heck! No one cares if I'm disappointed or not.

Ever since then, social media platforms have been agog with the news. But in all of this, the actor has ignored critics and focused on trying to repair his marriage. Or, maybe he wants us to think so.

Emeka Ike has begged his wife to come back. To me, begging means admittance. That means he has admitted his fault and wants to fix things.

He said, and I quote "I still love my wife."

However, the angry woman says she is not longer interested in being married to him.

The case has been taken to the Lagos Island Customary Court. Although Emeka has not shown up in court, his counsel, Abdul-Hareem Labi-Lawal, said his client doesn't want the marriage dissolved. They begged for six months adjournment so as to try fixing their problems and getting back together. But this is what Mrs. Ike said.

"He disvirgined me but I'm no longer interested in him."

Mrs Ike also said that six months was too long. She said she had been separated from her hisband for two years and he didn't try to fix things why then was he pretending now?

Anyway, fash all of that because now,now we come to the part that pains me, the children. Couples are fond of using their children against each other and this is wrong. Totally wrong. These kids deserve better. They deserve to know that both parents really love and care for them. In an interview with The Nation, Mrs. Ike said:

"The last time I wanted to speak with our children, it was my mother-in-law who picked the call and asked if I had read Exodus 21 which says that if I go, I shouldn't return?"

Now why will a mother say such to another mother?

Mrs. Ike went on to say that her husband took her last two children from her when she was going for her mother burial in February.

"He promised to bring them to me immediately I returned from my mother's burial but he didn't. Even when he didn't allow me access to see our children, I spoke with them on several occasions but now, he doesn't allow me anymore. My children are now against me. Due to physical torture, my health has been affected. There was even a time I thought I had breast cancer because I felt a lump on one part of my breast.

She said things became worse last Sunday when she called her husband to speak with their children.

In tears, Mrs Ike said: I almost went mad when my first son told me on phone that if I truly loved them, I wouldn't have abandoned them. Even my seven-year-old son whose day wouldn't be complete without seeing me said he doesnt love me. I love my children. I miss my children. I never abandoned them. I am in pain. They don't have any other mother. I really need my children. I am a good woman; I endured so many things as his wife.

What I Think Should Be Done

Please Mrs. Ike, your husband has shown remorse and wants you back home. We know you've suffered but please think. Think about the kids. The best thing to do now is to go back to your husband at least for the sake of your children. But before you go back, ensure your husband signs an undertaking never to hit you again. If he does, he might as well kiss you, the kids and even his job, goodbye. Oh! I forgot. His arse should also be thrown in jail.

Cheers and God bless you.


Comments