Theory and Practical

So, I admit, I didn't go to service in time yesterday. Lucky for me, some serious delay made it possible to still be early. Within the next fifteen minutes after I arrived, service started.

After singing and prayers, the message started. I can't write everything here so I'll summarise.
We were simply taught that God, having given us power to conquer challenges, won't come and help you when those challenges knock at your door. I mean, what else do you want. It's like a prince who the king has given the right to decide what he wants and how he wants it, then go for it. Same prince later comes back crying about how he can't seem to get what he wants. Lol. That kind prince is finished o.

Back to the message

We were taught 'consciousness.'
Can man decree a thing and have it come to pass? Most decidedly he can. Man has always decreed that which has appeared in his world and shall continue to do so as long as man is conscious of being man.
Decreeing is ever done in consciousness. That is; every man is conscious of being that which he has decreed himself to be. The dumb man without using words is conscious of being dumb. Therefore, he is decreeing himself to remain dumb. In other words, what you believe or what your thoughts rest on, is what happens to you. This is another way of explaining faith. Faith is you believing and agreeing and accepting that so and so is yours or not yours, depending on what the case might be.

When the bible is read in this light, you will find it to be the greatest scientific book ever written.

The above, is only a small part of the message. Now fast forward to two hours after I got home. I returned to typing and online writing stuff. Then I put on my phone. You see, I just got a new phone but it makes use of micro sim. I had to take my sim to an expert for cutting. It worked perfectly for two days, then suddenly, it wasn't? No way.

I put on the phone and the writing on the it read 'No sim card - Emergency calls only'

I switched it off and put it on again. The network came up but within five minutes, the same issue happened. Phew! What's the meaning of all this? I reasoned. I removed the sim and tried it in the old phone. It read "No sim card in slot two - please check if sim card is ready". Seriously? I took the issue to my bro. He did his best, still nothing. At this point I was already counting my losses. 1gig data, N413 credit, sim contacts/messages, etc. I have to get a new one. People are going to try to call me. I'm supposed to call so and so, what about online business for today? All these thoughts crossed my mind. Phew! I was still counting my loss when a thought hit me. It asked "what we're you taught today about maintaining a straight mind even in crisis? What were you taught about only accepting/claiming what you want, nothing else? What you accept in your mind is what happens for you. So if you accept that the sim is damaged, so be it. Keep counting your loss.

This made me sit up. I decided, first, to remove my mind from getting a new sim. I started telling myself, 'I have calls to make and online posts to do. This phone has to read my sim. I took mumsy's phone and started asking Google plenty questions. Every article I came across said it can't be fixed unless I go to my network providers for help.
"Today is Sunday, I can't wait till tomorrow." I said out loud. "I want solution now."

So I continued searching until I came across one that instructed that I clean the sim surface with a soft eraser or a gold pen. I chose a soft eraser. Once done, I put the sim back in the phone and switched it on. I wasn't sure it will work. While it was booting, I continued searching for more answers. I opened a site and was already reading through when I heard messages from whatsapp, Facebook, email etc, entering the phone. Hehehe..... I jumped up. I was so full of joy.

Now, imagine I gave up. That would have been the end cos I would have thrown the sim card away and start afresh with a new one. In a way, the sim card issue was the practical side to Sunday''s teaching.

Yes, it was a small test compared to life threatening issues. But all the same, it has strengthened my resolve to never give up or lose my calm when faced with issues. Plus, there is a joy that accompanies such achievements. You need to experience it to know it. I hope you learnt something from my experience?

Do have a great night's rest.

Cheers!

Comments