THEY TOOK IT (A POEM AGAINST FEMALE GENITAL MUTILATION) - By Osoba Taiwo P.

Photo Credit: bdface.net

They mutilated my tool of pleasure,
They took my tool in making love,
They invaded my treasure
While I was still a gentle little dove.

They mutilated me without first aid tools,
Parts of my genitals became ex,
Though I have the strength of an ox
I couldn't squirt during sex.

I don't always have the thrilling emotion
Whenever I'm touched by a man,
I was left with urine retention,
And they took my seal of being a woman.

They held my fragile legs apart,
They mutilated me with blades and knife
And the hurt reached my heart;
They took what I needed to be a wife.

I grew up feeling ashamed,
Secretly holding several mirrors at the raised hem of my skirt,
Sex to me is really painful,
I always find it difficult to squirt.

They left me with complications,
They damaged my urethra,
They left me with keloid scar formations,
Dyspareunia and anaemia.

Female genital mutilation must become a past tense,
It must become a taboo,
It must become a capital offence,
It begins with me and you.



N.B. Female genital mutilation is partially removing the external genitalia of girls and young women for non-medical reasons. It has no health benefits, causes physical and emotional trauma and commonly leads to infections, infertility and even death.

Keloid Scar Formation is the growing of scars beyond the borders of the original wound.

Urine Retention is the inability to completely empty the bladder.

Dyspareunia is painful sexual intercourse.

Female Genital Mutilation must stop!!!


All Rights Reserved
Osoba Taiwo P.
©PeterPushingPoetrywithPenetratingPen 2016

Comments